Last updated on April 8th, 2020 at 11:45 am
Welcome to my personal blog. The views expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of my family, friends, colleagues, or my sponsors. In addition but not limited to, the views expressed by my contributors and guests are not necessarily reflective of mine either.
*LOASW = Life Of A Shooter's Wife™
Life of A Shooter's Wife™ is NOT licensed to sell firearms and ammunition. Any attempts to sell, trade, or transfer firearms and/or related items will result in an immediate ban from this website.
Here at LOASW, we LOVE the First Amendment and welcomes all points of view, regardless of race, religion, gender, or political affiliation. Comments posted to articles or in response to other comments are monitored frequently, and will only be deleted if deemed to be of an inappropriate nature. This includes but is not limited to profanity, anything sexually explicit, soliciting, harassing/threatening others in any way, etc. LOASW and its affiliates are in no way responsible for comments posted on this website, nor does allowing said comments constitute an endorsement. Anyone who breaks this Code of Conduct, which you automatically agree to by using this website, will be banned from future access to LOASW without further notice.
LOASW is committed to keeping your email address confidential, and will not sell, rent, or lease this subscription list to third parties. We will not share your personal information to any third party individual, government agency or company at any time, unless compelled to do so by law. LOASW will use your email address solely to provide timely information that pertains to this website. LOASW will maintain the information you send via email in accordance with applicable laws(s).
1. Website Disclaimer
By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. User License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on LOASW website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
modify or copy the materials;
use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on LOASW website;
remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by LOASW at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on LOASW website are provided "as is". LOASW makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, LOASW does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall LOASW or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on LOASW website, even if LOASW or an authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
LOASW has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by LOASW of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
Any product names, logos, brands, trademarks or images featured or referred to within LOASW and/or on any social media forum are the property of their respective trademark holders. These trademark holders are in no way affiliated or an endorsement of the Minnesota Rifle and Revolver Association or any of its affiliates or the Minnesota Rifle and Revolver Association's website [mrra.org]. These trademark holders do not sponsor or endorse the MRRA and/or any of the products or comments contained or connected to the [Rifle Shooting Blog] and within this website - LOASW.
All queries should be directed to Life Of A Shooter's Wife™, and can be submitted here.
All interviews and their content are the sole property of Mia Rhode and Life Of A Shooter's Wife™. The views expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of my family, friends, colleagues, or my sponsors. In addition but not limited to, the views expressed by my contributors and guests are not necessarily reflective of mine either.
LOASW reviews products strictly at will, and does not receive payment or commission for doing so. Any compensation is in the [form of free product], unless explicitly stated, and will have no bearing on said product review. LOASW does not guarantee positive product reviews, but will give an honest and constructive review whenever possible. If said conditions are not possible, no review will be given. All reviews are strictly the opinion of LOASW, and do not represent the opinions or views of any other persons or companies which may be represented on this website. LOASW has no affiliation or relationship with companies providing product for review, unless explicitly stated, and said company agrees that all product will only be for [personal] or review purposes only, and/or used for Product Giveaway on this website. Any persons receiving said product does so at will, assumes full liability for use of the product upon receipt, and does not hold LOASW, manufacturer of said product, or any affiliates of this website, responsible for any outcomes resulting from the use of said product. LOASW reserves the right to change these terms without further notice.
The intent of this league is to promote friendly competition between Palma shooters in different parts of the world who normally do not get to compete against each other on a regular basis.
League participants will compete in all of the matches that they would normally shoot during a season. Participants will send in match results from all NRA approved/registered matches they shoot that include either 600 or 1000-yard stages. I will log all scores on a master league spreadsheet, and shooters will be ranked based on percentage.
There will be 3 separate season aggregates, 600-yard, 1000-yard, and Palma. All participants will be automatically entered into all 3 aggs. Examples; if you shoot a 3x600 Mid Range match, it would count for 60 shots in the 600 agg. If you shoot a 300, 500, and 600 Mid Range match, the 600-yard stage would count towards the 600 agg. A Palma match would count towards the Palma agg, and the 1000-yard stage would also count towards the 1000-yard agg. All you need to do is send in your scores and I will get them entered into the right place. The minimum required number of shots to qualify for each agg will be as follows:
600-yards: 400 shots
1000-yards: 300 shots
Palma: 225 shots
I realize that this is a lot of shots. The reason for the large aggs is to lessen the impact of the inevitable good & bad luck days that we all have in order to get a better look at consistency over time between shooters. There is no maximum number of shots. After shooters have reached the qualifying numbers listed above, they should continue to send scores to be included in their aggregates. Since the rankings will be based on percentage, we will be able to compare unequal numbers of total shots in a way that is reasonably fair. Shooters who do not reach the minimum shot numbers are still encouraged to participate. Some of us live in areas with no easy access to a 1000-yard range, or even a 600-yard range, so not everyone will reach the qualifying number. Fear not, I will track all scores regardless of whether you reach the minimums; you just won’t be eligible to win one of the aggs until you do. There is no other penalty for not reaching the minimums, and it is perfectly fine if you don’t qualify for one or more. The season will run until October 15th, so there will be a lot of time to try to reach the required numbers.
Rule #4 will be hard to enforce, but I think we are all honorable people. If you have a bad day and shoot a bad score, send it in. If you don’t send it in and another postal league shooter happens to be at the same match, I’m going to notice when they send their score in. I reserve the right to amend the rules as needed. I’ve never run something like this before, and I’m sure things will come up that I have not yet thought of. When they do, I will do my best to come up with a simple and fair resolution. I will be doing this in my spare time, so please try to keep things as un-complicated as possible. I will send occasional updates via email, and will post more regular updates on the Palma Alliance™ Facebook page, found here:
There is no cost to join the league. If response is good enough do it again, I will re-evaluate that policy and think about getting trophies, etc made for 2019. For this year, the prizes will consist of bragging rights and glory. To join the league, send your name and email address to me at:
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up at the Life Of A Shooter's Wife™ and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Life Of A Shooter's Wife™, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Life Of A Shooter's Wife™ final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on designated start date, time, and Central Time Zone and ending on designated end date, time, of said time zone. All online entries must be received by designated end date, time, of said time zone.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at Life Of A Shooter's Wife™ . The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Life Of A Shooter's Wife™ . You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Life Of A Shooter's Wife™.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive [list prizes and approximate retail value]. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Life Of A Shooter's Wife™. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Life Of A Shooter's Wife™discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Life Of A Shooter's Wife™ use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by [a random drawing or by community vote] under the supervision of Life Of A Shooter's Wife™ . Winner will be notified by means of notification (e.g., email, telephone, etc.)] within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Life Of A Shooter's Wife™ have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within [10 business days] from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT Life Of A Shooter's Wife™ SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Life Of A Shooter's Wife™, anyone acting on behalf of Life Of A Shooter's Wife™ and Life Of A Shooter's Wife™'s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Life Of A Shooter's Wife™. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Life Of A Shooter's Wife™ from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Life Of A Shooter's Wife™ may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Life Of A Shooter's Wife™ reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Life Of A Shooter's Wife™'s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. I n such case, Life Of A Shooter's Wife™ may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Life Of A Shooter's Wife™. Life Of A Shooter's Wife™ reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Life Of A Shooter's Wife™ has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, [your company name] reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Life Of A Shooter's Wife™ and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF the United States AND Minnesota, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Minnesota having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Life Of A Shooter's Wife, P.O. Box 143, Farmington, MN 55024, USA.
14. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by Life Of A Shooter's Wife is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
15. By entering ANY Contest on LOASW, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the above Official Rules.
Plagiarism is not cool! All photographs and text included herein are the property of Life Of A Shooter's Wife™. All materials are protected under the United States and International Copyright Laws and Treaties which provide substantial penalties for infringement. The use of any images or other materials included herein, in whole or part, for any purpose, including but not limited to; reproduction, storage, manipulation, digital or otherwise, is prohibited without the expressed written permission of Life Of A Shooter's Wife™.
Please note: Images on this site are not royalty free and a fee is required for any usage. Legal action will be taken for all unauthorized usage. To inquire about the use of any content of Life Of A Shooter's Wife™, please use the Contact Form on this website.
Copyright © 2020 Life Of A Shooter's Wife™ | Copyright © 2020 Mia Rhode Photography™
Copyright © 2020 Shooting Blog™ | Copyright © 2020 Palma Alliance™
All Rights Reserved.