Last updated on November 18th, 2017 at 09:25 am
4 small Petite Sirloin Steaks - 3 lbs.
Soft Flour Tortillas
1. Cut steaks into about 1/8 inch thin slices. 2. Mix all ingredients for the marinade and pour over the steak slices. 3. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 6 hours. The longer the better!
1 cup Soy Sauce (I use Low Sodium Organic Tamari Soy Sauce, which is also Gluten Free)
3/4 cup Mirin Rice Seasoning Oil
1/4 cup Sesame Oil
1/2 cup Korean BBQ Sauce (I prefer CJ bibigo Korean BBQ Marinade & Cooking Sauce)
1/4 cup Dark Brown Sugar
6 Cloves Garlic - minced
6 Scallions - chopped
2 teaspoons Fresh Peeled & Grated Ginger (You can also use Ginger Paste, which is what I do. I prefer Gourmet Garden)
Korean Slaw: (can be prepared and refrigerated overnight)
3 cups Napa Cabbage - roughly chopped
1 cup Daikon Slices - matchstick size
1-1/2 tablespoons Fresh Cilantro - chopped
6 Scallions - diced thin
Soy Lime Dressing for Korean Slaw:
2 Limes - squeezed
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons Mirin
1-1/2 tablespoons Sriracha Sauce
2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
* Mix all ingredients and refrigerate until ready to use
Cooking the Steak: (I use an electric griddle for this, but a regular frying pan is okay - just make sure it's hot enough)
1. Heat griddle to high, approximately 350 degrees.
2. Flash cook the Steak. This will ensure the outside gets caramelized without over cooking the meat. Cook for approx. 2 minutes each side. Place in foil and set aside.
3. Pour remaining marinade into a sauce pan and gently boil, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes to reduce and thicken.
1. Pour Soy Lime Dressing over prepared Slaw
1. Warm Tortillas on griddle if desired, approx. 45 seconds on each side
2. Layer Slaw on Tortilla. Layer meat on top and drizzle with reduced marinade
* This recipe was found on The Food Network. I have altered the ingredients and measurements, which is the recipe I have listed above.